Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Brussel Sprouts??!


For YEARS I have avoided brussel sprouts. Even their name doesn't appeal to me -- brussel sprouts!

And, even though I had them once in a blue moon in a restaurant and they were always fine, I NEVER bought them in the grocery store for myself.

Back in June (8 months ago! while trying to be good and eat more heart-healthy foods) I bought a package of B.S. that would microwave-steam in 5 minutes. It took me until last night to cook them (I figured they'd been there long enough).

Guess what? They're not bad.  Butter and salt they're actually tasty.

Today I actually ate left-over brussel sprouts for lunch. Have to admit -- they smelled funky. But they were in my lunch bucket to nuke for lunch so they got nuked along with everything else and guess what?

Still tasty.

Ha!

No comments: