Friday, January 9, 2009

Ebay & PayPal Evils

So I purchased merchandise on 11/1/08 for a Christmas present. I paid via PayPal. I accidentially used the wrong address with the first payment. So I fixed the mailing address and paid again. Asking the ebay vendor to use the Pasadena address not the OKC. Well she accepted both payments. Then to make matters worse she sent the merchandise to the OKC address.

Now as of 1/8/09 - I've still never received the merchandise. I "protested" this double pay on Pay-Pal. They found in her favor simply because she could show mailing labels. PayPal told me to ask her for the other payment back.

I asked. She refused. I asked again in a different way, she refused again.

Finally, today I called the credit card company (thank you USAA) and protested one of the charges. Thankfully they will refund the money.

I don't even care that I've never received the merchandise (well I do). What REALLY burned me was that she got paid twice for merchandise I never received. So now I've fixed that.

She gets the money for the merchandise I never received partly due to my own fault - but at least I've not paid her twice for merchandise I never got!

No comments: